Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Conflicting Space Adventures Comments Just a Misunderstanding

Well, it appears that the whole Space Adventures confusion has been just a big misunderstanding. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I recommend reading through yesterday's post.

The misunderstanding is due to the fact that Space Adventures released two big announcements simultaneously. It turns out that the comment from Anatoly Perminov, the head of Roskosmos, most likely refers to Space Adventures' announcement about Sergey Brin becoming the next planned space tourist, and not about Space Adventures' use of the Soyuz capsule.

And who cleared it all up? Well, it was Jeff Foust of the Personal Spaceflight blog. I've mentioned New Voyage News in the past, but Personal Spaceflight is another great place to look for current and ongoing space tourism news updates. In fact, Mr. Foust called up Space Adventures personally to clear it all up. You can read his entire blog post here. In my book, that's extremely good journalism. Mr. Foust is clearly much more driven to provide good news than my lazy butt, but then I intended my site to be as much about voicing my opinions and chronicling my personal journey as about keeping track of space tourism news, so it's all good.

Progress: 3.73%  Flight Time: 0:05:35

No comments: