Friday, December 5, 2008

Get Me Out of this Job!

WOW! Did I really only post once in the month of November? These are sad and trying times indeed. Actually, the reasons are twofold:

One: almost no space tourism news happened in November. None. Nada. Zero. You get the idea. November was a barren wasteland in the world of space tourism (which would normally be a good thing; barren wastelands are typically great places for launching rockets, but I digress).

Two: The company I work for (which for now will remain nameless) decided to contract out my job to another company. Both the old company and the new company have been treating us pretty horribly. I'm not going to mince words here; a flagrantly homosexual hippie version of Michael Moore would get more respect from Rush Limbaugh than we have gotten from our employers. For example, they laid off a fourth of my team, and I ended up taking on most of the extra work. However, the purpose of my team (among other things) is to administer computer accounts for incoming and outgoing employees. So at the same time when hundreds of people are being contracted out to a new company with a major acquisition occurring shortly after, causing the need for thousands upon thousands of accounts to be created and deleted, they remove a quarter of our people because they were "redundant". The result of this is that I have been working through lunch a lot, and frequently going home in the evening with no inclination or ability to do anything other than curl up in a ball under my coffee table and pass out sobbing.

The result of this, of course, is that I am now actively job hunting. Actually, our company has treated us so terribly, that I don't think there is anyone in my department that isn't at least keeping an eye out for better work. But coming home every evening on the verge of collapse, plus job hunting, plus running two businesses (more on that later) has left me with zero time for writing the silly nonsense that I usually put here when there isn't any space tourism news floating around.

But now I'm going to have to make an effort because, well, three stories of significance have come out in the past week. So without further ado, I will write the first! But I think I'll do it separately, since I have rambled here long enough to make it its own post.

Progress: 4.03%  Flight Time: 0:06:05

No comments: